DeLaMar respects the privacy of all users of its website and its guests and ensures that the personal information you provide us with, is treated confidentially. This privacy statement explains how we process your personal data and why
Data processing objective
DeLaMar collects personal data of persons who purchase tickets with DeLaMar, make reservations or otherwise procure products or services from DeLaMar, of visitors of the website of DeLaMar and of subscribers of the DeLaMar newsletter (hereinafter jointly referred to as: “Guest(s)) for the purposes outlined below. Upon purchasing tickets, the purchasing party agrees to the privacy statement.
DeLaMar processes the personal data of its guests for (one or more of) the following purposes:
- executing or having a third party execute payments via the website;
- to submit tickets and any other products purchased by guests and to provide them or have a third party provide them with additional information with regards to the show that the tickets have been purchased or reserved for (for example to communicate changes with regards to the show);
- in order to be able to respond to questions or feedback that we receive (including via the contact form or by e-mail);
- for direct marketing activities (by means of profiling) pertaining to DeLaMar, especially to inform the guest about DeLaMar, the shows it sells tickets for and its (other) products and services, and to fine-tune this information to the guest;
- in order to inform business customers about the services and facilities that DeLaMar offers to businesses;
- to be able to submit the newsletter of DeLaMar to guests who have registered for it;
- in order to proceed with the realisation of business events, such as location hire and the organisation of events;
- in order to prevent theft of property and to safeguard the premises, guests and employees of DeLaMar (camera surveillance);
- for statistical, analytical and research objectives; if necessary anonymized to make sure your identity is no longer in our possession;
- to execute any legal obligations pertaining to DeLaMar.
DeLaMar is also active on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram. If you contact DeLaMar via social media, we process your data for the following objectives:
- to answer the questions that you ask us via social media;
- to contact you in case you participate in a campaign on a social media page of DeLaMar. For the specific details on each campaign, please refer to the terms & conditions of that specific campaign.
Principles underlying the processing of data
DeLaMar processes the personal data of its guests based on one or more of the following legal principles:
- your consent
- the performance of an agreement
- the fulfilment of a statutory obligation
- a justified interest, such as: (i) preventing theft and safeguarding the premises, guests and employees of DeLaMar; (ii) direct marketing; and (iii) generating statistics concerning the use of the website and/or in order to analyse and improve the website.
Type of data
We only process data necessary for the execution of the objectives set out above. This includes personal details and identification data such as name, date of birth, gender, address, city of residence, purchased tickets, but also data you leave behind on the website, your clicking and surfing behavior and IP address. Personal data is not stored any longer than necessary for the execution of our service.
Camera surveillance is carried out on a small scale in the visitors’ areas of DeLaMar. The cameras, which are visible, have been installed in order to prevent theft of property and to safeguard the premises, guests and employees. No sound recordings are made. In principle, the recorded images are only retained for a period of 14 days. If an incident is found to have occurred, the images will be retained until the incident has been resolved.
Sharing with others
DeLaMar will only supply your personal data to third parties in so far as this is necessary in connection with the purposes referred to in this Privacy Statement. The parties that may receive data in this way form part of the following categories:
- ticket sales partners
- the website controller (only with your explicit consent or whenever you complete a form on our website)
- suppliers of (online) marketing, reservation and event software
- direct mailing processors (postal)
- Stage Entertainment Nederland (only the data relating to customers making bookings for performances from Stage Entertainment);
- the organisers/producers of other performances (only with your explicit consent)
- social media (for example, in order to show you relevant advertising on Facebook and Instagram).
DeLaMar will conclude a processing agreement with any third party that processes your data for or on behalf of DeLaMar and that agreement will comply with the statutory requirements. For example, it will include a stipulation that the processor must ensure that your data is kept strictly confidential.
When performing actions like ordering tickets or making reservations through the website, you will enter your own data in a special electronic form on the website of our supplier Eventim, and you can opt in to receive information from DeLaMar about DeLaMar, the shows DeLaMar is selling tickets to and the (other) products and services of DeLaMar, via email.
Your privacy rights
When we process your personal data, you have certain rights, namely:
the right to request whether we process your personal data and if so, the right to access your personal data and to receive information about the processing of your personal data;
the right to rectification of your personal data if these are incorrect or incomplete;
the right to have your personal data deleted (‘right to be forgotten’);
the right to object to the processing of your personal data, e.g. for the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
the right to restriction of the processing of your personal data;
the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data at any moment, if the processing is based on your consent. Please note that withdrawing your consent has no retroactive effect;
the right to receive or surrender your personal data to a third party appointed by you in a structured, customary and machine-readable form (‘right to data portability’);
the right to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority. In the Netherlands, this is the Dutch Data Protection Authority. If you live or work in another country of the European Union, you can file a complaint with the supervisory authority of that country.
You can exercise your privacy rights in several ways. Via My account, customers can create an account and log in to view their reservations and the personal data in DeLaMar’s possession. The environment offers the ability to change your data. Furthermore, you can send requests to exercise your privacy rights to email@example.com or by mail to the address listed at the bottom of this privacy statement.
DeLaMar can send you personalized information by post or e-mail, for example based on your previous visits to our theatre. If you do not want DeLaMar to process your personal data for direct marketing activities at all, you can send a letter or e-mail to our customer service department. You can also unsubscribe from direct marketing activities by e-mail and by post via the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every e-mail that we send you for direct marketing purposes. You will be unsubscribed as quickly as possible. DeLaMar does not use automated decision-making within the meaning of article 22 GDPR.
In order to prevent that DeLaMar discloses information to the wrong person, DeLaMar can ask you for additional information to verify your identity. We will respond to your request as quickly as possible and will let you know whether we can comply with your request within one month of receiving it. In specific cases, for example when it concerns a complex request, this term may be extended by two months. We will inform you of such an extension within one month after receiving your request. On the basis of the applicable privacy legislation, we can refuse your request under certain circumstances. If this is the case, we will explain to you why. You can find more information about your privacy rights on the website of the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
Details of persons under 16 years of age
Our website and/or services do intend to collect data relating to visitors and/or customers under the age of 16 years. That is why that age group is not included in our commercial communications and profiling. Age is something we are unable to verify, however. Users under 16 years of age must only use our services if they have permission from their parents or guardian. We advise parents to pay attention to their children’s activities online. If you are convinced that we have collected data relating to a person under 16 years of age, please get in touch with us. We will then carry out checks and remove the relevant information if necessary.
Security and storage of data
DeLaMar has implemented technical and organizational security measures to protect the data in its possession from unintended or deliberate manipulation, loss, destruction and/or from access by unauthorized parties. DeLaMar respects the privacy of its guests and ensures that your personal information is treated confidentially. The personal data is processed in a way that is in line with the requirements set out in relevant legislation. The personal data is stored on secure servers.
Data pertaining to guests who have indicated that they want to receive direct marketing from DeLaMar, is stored for as long as they remain subscribed. Once unsubscribed, the data is only used for statistical purposes. Personal data are not stored any longer than necessary for the execution of our service. DeLaMar observes a 7-year term for storing personal data obtained. After this term, all personal data is anonymized. The periods referred to above will be applied, unless any compelling interests require personal data to be retained for a longer period of time or unless they are still required for one of the other purposes as named in this Privacy Statement.
Contact / Customer service
We can also be contacted by mail. The address:
Leidsekade 91, 1017 PN Amsterdam
Agreements pertaining to your data required for the execution of our services are always concluded in writing, ensuring the party's/parties’ commitment to observe the relevant legislation.
Edits to this statement
This privacy statement may be edited by DeLaMar. The edited statement takes effect on the date of publication on the website of DeLaMar.
Last edit: March 25, 2022