DeLaMar (West) respects the privacy of all users of its website and its guests and ensures
that the personal information you provide us with, is treated confidentially. This privacy
and cookie statement explains how we process your personal data and why.
Data processing objective
DeLaMar collects personal data of persons who purchase tickets with DeLaMar, make reservations, request quotes for business events (location hire/events) or otherwise procure products or services from DeLaMar, of visitors of the website of DeLaMar and of subscribers of the DeLaMar newsletter (hereinafter jointly referred to as: “Guest(s)) for the purposes outlined below. This privacy and cookie statement also applies to these persons.
DeLaMar processes the personal data of its guests for (one or more of) the following purposes:
- The sale of tickets for shows through the website of Eventim;
- to submit tickets and any other products purchased by guests and to provide them or have a third party provide them with additional information with regards to the show that the tickets have been purchased or reserved for (for example to communicate changes with regards to the show);
- in order to be able to respond to questions or feedback that we receive (including via the contact form or by e-mail);
- for direct marketing activities (by means of profiling) pertaining to DeLaMar, especially to inform the guest about DeLaMar, the shows it sells tickets for and its (other) products and services, and to fine-tune this information to the guest;
- in order to inform business customers about the services and facilities that DeLaMar offers to businesses;
- to be able to submit the (business) newsletter of DeLaMar to guests who have registered for it;
- in order to proceed with the realization of business events, such as location hire and the organization of events;
- in order to prevent theft of property and to safeguard the premises, guests and employees of DeLaMar (camera surveillance);
- for statistical, analytical and research objectives; if necessary anonymized to make sure your identity is no longer in our possession.
DeLaMar is also active on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram. If you contact DeLaMar via social media, we process your data for the following objectives:
- to answer the questions that you ask us via social media;
- to contact you in case you participate in a campaign on a social media page of DeLaMar. For the specific details on each campaign, please refer to the terms & conditions of that specific campaign.
Principles underlying the processing of data
DeLaMar processes the personal data of its guests based on one or more of the following legal principles:
- your consent ((for example for sending our (business) newsletter and the use
of cookies on our website);
- the performance of an agreement (think of selling tickets for shows, sending service messages about these shows and using our photobooth);
- the fulfilment of a statutory obligation (think of obligations we have with regard to, among others, the tax authorities);
- a justified interest, such as: (i) preventing theft and safeguarding the premises, guests and employees of DeLaMar; (ii) direct marketing; and (iii) generating statistics concerning the use of the website and/or in order to analyze and improve the website.
Type of data
We only process data necessary for the execution of the objectives set out above, unless otherwise stated in this privacy and cookie statement. This includes personal details and identification data such as name, date of birth, gender, address, city of residence, purchased tickets, but also data you leave behind on the website, your clicking and surfing behavior and IP address. Personal data is not stored any longer than necessary for the execution of our service.
Camera surveillance is carried out on a small scale in the visitors’ areas of DeLaMar. The cameras, which are visible, have been installed in order to prevent theft of property and to safeguard the premises, guests and employees. No sound recordings are made. In principle, the recorded images are only retained for a period of 14 days. If an incident is found to have occurred, the images will be retained until the incident has been resolved.
Photobooth & quiz on ikkijkuitnaar.delamar.nl
There is a photobooth in the foyer of DeLaMar. A photobooth is a device that people can sit in to take pictures of themselves. On the website ikkijkuitnaar.delamar.nl you can have the same kind of photo taken by means of a quiz.
The photos taken in the photobooth and on the website ikkijkuitnaar.delamar.nl are stored online for 2 years and, if you have given permission for this, used in the DeLaMar campaign and displayed on the websites ikkijkuitnaar.delamar.nl and delamar.nl. In the photobooth you can download the photo for your own use by means of a QR code.
The use of the photobooth in the foyer and the quiz on the ikkijkuitnaar.delamar.nl site is at your own initiative and the images created are therefore processed on the basis of an assignment given by you (execution of the agreement).
Have you responded to one of our vacancies or have you sent an open application? Then we process your personal data to be able to process your application and to prepare for the possible conclusion of an employment contract. For this we process the following personal data:
- Name and address details
- Contact details (e-mail address and telephone number)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of motivation
- Salary indication
- Any other information that you send with your application
We keep your application data for a maximum of 6 weeks after the position has been filled.
We keep this information so that we can contact you in case the position becomes available
again during the trial period. If we are unable to offer you a position at the moment, we can - with your permission - keep the application data for another year. You can withdraw your consent at any time by sending us an email. If you come to work for us, we will keep your application details in your personnel file. This file is kept for as long as necessary and with regard to the application data for a maximum of 2 years after employment.
A social media and internet survey can be part of the application procedure. This is necessary to ensure that our image is maintained when hiring new staff, which is why we do so on the basis of our legitimate interest. We search for your name on Google, and your profile on various social media. This of course insofar as these profiles are public; we will not ask you to grant us access to a restricted social media page or to connect with us. The results of the research will be discussed with you. If you object to this, you can indicate this by e-mail when you apply.
Sharing with others
DeLaMar will only supply your personal data to third parties in so far as this is necessary in connection with the purposes referred to in this Privacy and cookie statement. The parties that may receive data in this way form part of the following categories:
- ticket sales partner (Eventim, see below voor further information);
- the website controller (only with your explicit consent or whenever you complete a form on our website);
- suppliers of (online) marketing, reservation and event software;
- direct mailing processors (postal);
- the organizers/producers of other shows (only with your explicit consent);
- social media (for example, in order to show you relevant advertising on Facebook and Instagram).
DeLaMar will conclude a processing agreement with any third party that processes your data for or on behalf of DeLaMar and that agreement will comply with the statutory requirements. For example, it will include a stipulation that the processor must ensure that your data is kept strictly confidential.
In the context of our services, DeLaMar can provide your personal data to parties located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). DeLaMar only does this if there is an adequate level of protection for the processing of personal data, in line with the applicable privacy legislation and instructions about this from the European Commission and/or other authoritative bodies of the European Union.
To be able to process your order for tickets for a show, we work together with Eventim. Eventim needs, among other things, your name, surname and e-mail address to be able to process your order correctly. We would like to emphasize that you provide this personal data directly to Eventim. With regard to ordering tickets, the privacy and cookie statement of Eventim itself therefore applies.
After buying tickets, Eventim shares the following personal data with DeLaMar:
- Name and address details
- Contact details (telephone number and e-mail address)
- Information about your purchasing behavior (such as information about
performances and events at DeLaMar for which you have bought a ticket via Eventim)
DeLaMar receives part of this data so that it can inform you as a ticket buyer about things
such as changes in the program or having to cancel a show.
In addition, we process this data to gain insight into the age structure, gender and region from which our visitors come for each show. We also use this information to gain more insight into the cultural interests of our bookers. This may be aggregated data, which we process on the basis of a commercially legitimate interest. Finally, if we have a basis for doing so, we will use your personal data for marketing purposes.
When performing actions like ordering tickets or making reservations through the website, you will enter your own data in a special electronic form on the website of our supplier Eventim, and you can opt in to receive information from DeLaMar about DeLaMar, the shows DeLaMar is selling tickets to and the (other) products and services of DeLaMar, via email.
Your privacy rights
When we process your personal data, you have certain rights, namely:
- the right to request whether we process your personal data and if so, the right to access your personal data and to receive information about the processing of your personal data;
- the right to rectification of your personal data if these are incorrect or incomplete;
- the right to have your personal data deleted (‘right to be forgotten’);
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data, e.g. for the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- the right to restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data at any moment, if the processing is based on your consent. Please note that withdrawing your consent has no retroactive effect;
- the right to receive or surrender your personal data to a third party appointed by you in a structured, customary and machine-readable form (‘right to data portability’);
- the right to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority. In the Netherlands, this is the Dutch Data Protection Authority. If you live or work in another country of the European Union, you can file a complaint with the supervisory authority of that country.
You can exercise your privacy rights in several ways. Via My account, customers can create an account at Eventim and log in to view their reservations and the personal data in DeLaMar’s possession. The environment offers the ability to change your data. Furthermore, you can send requests to exercise your privacy rights to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the address listed at the bottom of this privacy and cookie statement.
DeLaMar can send you personalized information by post or e-mail, for example based on your previous visits to our theatre. If you do not want DeLaMar to process your personal data for direct marketing activities at all, you can send a letter or e-mail to our customer service department. You can also unsubscribe from direct marketing activities by e-mail and by post via the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every e-mail that we send you for direct marketing purposes. You will be unsubscribed as quickly as possible. DeLaMar does not use automated decision-making within the meaning of article 22 GDPR.
In order to prevent that DeLaMar discloses information to the wrong person, DeLaMar can ask you for additional information to verify your identity. We will respond to your request as quickly as possible and will let you know whether we can comply with your request within one month of receiving it. In specific cases, for example when it concerns a complex request, this term may be extended by two months. We will inform you of such an extension within one month after receiving your request. On the basis of the applicable privacy legislation, we can refuse your request under certain circumstances. If this is the case, we will explain to you why. You can find more information about your privacy rights on the website of the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
Details of persons under 16 years of age
Our website and/or services do intend to collect data relating to visitors and/or customers under the age of 16 years. That is why that age group is not included in our commercial communications and profiling. Age is something we are unable to verify, however. Users under 16 years of age must only use our services if they have permission from their parents or guardian. We advise parents to pay attention to their children’s activities online. If you are convinced that we have collected data relating to a person under 16 years of age, please get in touch with us. We will then carry out checks and remove the relevant information if necessary.
Security and storage of data
DeLaMar has implemented technical and organizational security measures to protect the data in its possession from unintended or deliberate manipulation, loss, destruction and/or from access by unauthorized parties. DeLaMar respects the privacy of its guests and ensures that your personal information is treated confidentially. The personal data is processed in a way that is in line with the requirements set out in relevant legislation. The personal data is stored on secure servers.
Data pertaining to guests who have indicated that they want to receive direct marketing from DeLaMar, is stored for as long as they remain subscribed. Once unsubscribed, the data is only used for statistical purposes. Personal data are not stored any longer than necessary for the execution of our service. DeLaMar observes a 7-year term for storing personal data obtained. After this term, all personal data is anonymized. The periods referred to above will be applied, unless any compelling interests require personal data to be retained for a longer period of time or unless they are still required for one of the other purposes as named in this Privacy and cookie statement.
When you visit our website for the first time, we will display a notification explaining
cookies. In so far as we are obliged to do so, we will ask for your consent to the use
In the table below you will find an overview of the cookies we use.
Our website uses embedded content from other websites. These are videos from YouTube. They place cookies as soon as you use their videos. We have no influence on how these services use the information collected. Curious what they do with your (personal) data via cookies? Please read the privacy statement of YouTube.
Enabling and disabling cookies
In your web browser you can set that the storage of cookies is only accepted if you agree. For more information about this, consult the manual of your browser. Please note: many websites do not work optimally if the cookies are disabled.
Most cookies have an expiration date. If an expiration date is set, the cookie is automatically deleted when the expiration date expires. You can also choose to manually delete the cookies before the expiration date has passed. Consult the manual of your browser for this.
For questions about our privacy and cookie statement or questions about your rights, please contact our customer service.
We can also be contacted by mail. The address:
Leidsekade 91, 1017 PN Amsterdam
Phone number +31205552627
Edits to this statement
This privacy and cookie statement can be edited by DeLaMar at any time without prior notice. The edited privacy and cookie statement takes effect on the date of publication on the website of DeLaMar.
Last edit: August 3, 2022.